2.1.08

It was a banner year . . .



There you have pictures of nearly every project I completed this year. And I can safely say that in terms of knitting, I accomplished nearly all of my goals. The only thing I neglected was my sock club membership - I still have 4.5 pairs of socks to knit.

And while the Christmas knitting got a little hectic towards the end, I really enjoyed working on it. So here you have the "secret" knitting for 2007:

I finished 4 grandma shawls (some of which you've seen before):






Then for the MIL and FIL : a pair of socks and a hat.




For one SIL, a pair of mittens, for the other a wrap, and for the BIL, a manly scarf:





And to top off this show, I have a huge hat.



Ok, you'll have to trust me on this one, but when I tried it on in this state, it hung down nearly to my shoulders. Now this lovely blue hat, has a lovely cranberry colored twin. And I can say now that they've both been felted down to fit a more normal sized human head. However, I was not present for the felting. I have been promised pictures of the finished product, which I will share if I have permission.

We had a great time with our homemade Christmas, a tradition I fully intend to continue for a good portion of my Christmas presents (I hope they don't mind). The other part of our themed festivities was Christmas dinner. The decision was made to wait until after dinner to decide on next year's theme. Suggestions for next year would make a good gauge for the success of this year - the more out there and wild we got, the more we thought of this years theme. And let me tell you, we weren't shy about suggestions for themes and ingredients - and I'm excited!

1 comment:

Cheryl in AZ said...

Wow, sounds like you really had a great holiday!!! I love all the projects. I hope to get as many pics of my stuff together as possible, not sure if I will have all the dishcloths represented, but will see what I can do.

Looking forward to seeing you at the YfB Anniversary next Saturday. Can you believe it has been a year??!!