17.11.07

Winter Evening Soup

Mom spent a long day in a chilly pool yesterday, so I came over and whipped this up for supper.

Heat in a large pot:

2 boxes Beef Broth (if you have your own stock, more power to ya, I have no access to a
butcher so I have no beef bones) approximately 2 litres

about as much water

1 sweet potato in 1/2 inch cubes

1 bunch curly kale trimmed from the stems and cut into small pieces

A bunch of whole herb stems (thyme, rosemary, oregano)

Simmer for a half hour or so.

About 15-20 minutes before you're ready to serve, add

one bag cheese tortellini

1/3 lb. mushrooms, quartered

salt and pepper to taste ( I like to add "Crazy Mixed Up Salt" too)

Remove the herb bunch.

**Once you add the pasta, try not to stir much, as they tend to burst. Although, if they do, it's not too big of a loss, as the cheese filling adds something nice to the broth.

1 comment:

Cheryl in AZ said...

YUMMMMMMM I think this is one we will have to try.

See Ya Soon I hope