7.6.07

I totally stole this

from Ben.

It's a game, the rules of which are pretty simple. I have let iTunes play through my entire collection of music at random. I have listed the first lines of 20 songs (a test of my transcription ability). I skipped any tracks that weren't in English, and any from Carbon Leaf, since I'm usually the only one who knows those. Your job is to guess the artist and song title of each one. As you get them correct, I'll cross them off. And since this is going on both blogs, I'll post the correct answers after 48 hours or so along with credit for any correct answers. In the mean time I may post any humorous guesses I receive.

Now, googling the lyrics is definitely illegal, but searching through your own iTunes or CD collection is acceptable (as it "hey, that's a John Denver song, I just don't know which one), though deeply frowned upon. Making guesses when you don't know is also acceptable, since that makes it more fun.

Here goes . . .

1. "Under a lover's sky, gonna be with you and no one's gonna be around. . ."

2. "Time to let the rain fall, without the help of man, time to let the trees grow tall, now if they only can . . ."

3. "She's got a way about her, don't know what it is, but I know that I can't live without her . . ."

4. "Pages filled with a holy message, sealed with kiss from heaven on a scroll long ago . . ."

5. "I will never underestimate what can be done, don't be fooled, someone is listenin' or watchin'"

6. "She was walkin' in the garden one day, when a snake slipped around her feet . . ."

7. "Pardon me, your epidermis is showing sir, I couldn't help but notice . . ."

8. "Strangely out of place, and there's a light filling this room where none would follow before . . . "

9. "Yesterday, all my troubles seems so far away . . ."

10. "It's a song for the brokenhearted, a silent prayer for a faith departed . . ."

11. "A lonely child, alone and wild, a cabinet maker's son, his hands were made for different work, and his heart was known to none . . ."

12. "You can play the game, and you can act out the part, but you know it wasn't written for you . . ."

13. "I was sittin', waitin', wishin' you believed in superstitions, then maybe you'd see the signs . . ."

14. "All our tears have reached the sea, part of you will live in me, way down deep inside my heart . . ."

15. "The Jordan was waiting for me to cross through, my heart is aging I can tell . . ."

16. "I met a guy on a red eye, he spotted my guitar and said 'What do you do?' . . ."

17. "Let me be for I am now free and I can feel so let the children be born . . ."

18. "This thing called love, I just can't handle it . . ."

19. "It's a saturday afternoon romance between a cowboy and a full moon . . ."

20. "I'm strange, and you're strange, don't want you to change, no way . . ."

** just a note, I let iTunes keep playing while I edited and formatted the post . . . and it played a lot of my "better" music . . . oh well!

** also, the reference from the last post - "You spin me right round baby, right round, like a record baby, right round, round, round." [/BIG DORK MOMENT]

No comments: