Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl, Interweave Knits Fall 2006
Yarn: Knitpicks Bare Merino Fingering Weight, dyed by me with Jaquard dyes
Mods: Added two repeats of the first lace pattern, which resulted in four extra stitches that I had to distribute into the pattern.
I think it turned out pretty. Still too girly for me, but thankfully it's not for me. And for the record, the purl 5 togethers are a pain in the butt when you knit tightly like I do.
In other news, I reskeined some yarn I dyed a while back - and now I like it! Ok, backstory - I dyed up two skeins of DK weight merino trying to achieve a colorway that reminded me of pansies, and as of yet I still haven't achieved this. In their original hanks with big chunks of color, I didn't like how these had turned out at all, but now that I've seen the colors blending together, I've got some hope for my skills with dye. And for the record, the first skein's color is a bit more accurate, though a bit darker in the picture - the second one is a little washed out in the photo.